Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Don't know much about...

I think it's pretty wonky that we (at least I) never studied anatomy in grade school. Honestly, what could be a more relevant, basic science than the study of this thing we live in? So to encourage a little personal continuing ed, here are three of my favorite books.

The Anatomy Coloring Book by Wynn Kapit and Lawrence M. Elson
An easy way to learn because coloring is fun.

The Anatomy of Movement by Blandine Calais-Germain
This one is slightly dancer-centric, as noted by the leaping cover illustration. It's also a great bridge between what all these parts are and how they work. The occasionally silly pictures are just a great big bonus.

Trail Guide to the Body by Andrew R. Beil
Geared toward bodyworkers, this is still a great concrete guide to finding where all those muscles in the pretty pictures are on an actual body, like, you know, yours. I love this book.

Give yourself one for your birthday. And stars in your crown if you get 'em at your local independent book store.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool idea, Jes! Didn't know you were even thinking about doing something like this. Count me in as a subscriber! Dad

James said...

Sweet blog Jess, I love it!